The new Microsoft Dynamics is coming!
Last week, Microsoft announced the official launch of the new version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016, describing it as "a huge leap forward." With this new version including Dynamics CRM Online, Dynamics Marketing and Microsoft Social Engagement 2016 Update, businesses can now manage all their activities via a single interface.
This reduces the time it takes to get things done and allows people to focus on what matters - the customer. Some of the new capabilities customers should look out for include:
- An enhanced Excel experience within CRM, including new Excel templates to automate processes and increase productivity that naturally feeds data into the CRM system. Customers can get analysis and insights directly in their sales processes, without the need to export or switch – just easy toggling to reduce countless steps and eliminate the complexity.
- The next generation of our CRM app for outlook, enabling people to track emails, add contacts from within an email or even create new records to track emails through the browser on PC, Mac or mobile browser on a phone.
- Delve functionality to surface trending content that is most relevant to what a person is working on and what is trending around them. For example, Delve might show popular presentations or proposals to help our customers with their opportunity or account.
- A mobile application allowing users to open documents across SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, and Office 365 Groups for any CRM record. After reviewing the document, they can return back to the CRM app simply by just tapping on the “back” button.
- Personalised sales documents based on CRM data easier to build with Document Generation. This removes the cumbersome manual process of copying and pasting data into document.
- Further development of the Cortana integration, embedding sales activities, accounts and opportunities into Cortana to surface what’s most relevant to salespeople at any time – across both personal and professional sources.
Beyond productivity, Microsoft CRM 2016 will change the game in other areas as well, including intelligence, mobility and service via Azure machine learning, analytics suite and offline access to mobile applications. At Outbox we welcome these new features and look forward to showing companies across Europe how they can harness the power of CRM through them.